New little guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
barbie69 said:
Just checked the temps and humidity....90 deg on the hot spot and 75 on the cool side with it a little cooler at night. Humidity looks to be at 38% right now. I had not really worried too much about humidity due to his condition and warm soaks so this is the first time I even checked it:rolleyes:. He seems to hang out in his water dish on the cool side or directly in the heat on the hot side. Never in between.
I only soak him for about 15 minutes at a time and I also re-do the water to keep it warm for him;). He really seems to like this.

From what I’ve read the temps seem to be fine the humidity I read should be about 45%. I am not an expert on Sullys and I do hope he is better soon.

The info I have gotten on Sullys is from http://africantortoise.com/pyramiding_in_tortoises.htm
And http://africantortoise.com/pyramiding_in_tortoises.htm

Per Danny’s suggestion I also soak my baby Greek once a week with Vitasol liquid vitamins in the water

S

Sharleen

I have 3 baby sulcata's , I lost one to a resperatory infection, I keep the humitidy low ,The daytime temps 80-90 deg & 65 -70 at night. If your little guy is sick I would soak him every other day, Offer him water once a day with food, Some people say they never see there sulcata's drink but mine do when soaking & from a water dish. Keep him warm & try some vitamins like someone suggested. They come from the desert so they like it hot & dry. Best of luck!!

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Thanks so much for the help...I like the idea of soaking with the vitamins, I have not ever tried this so I am going to give him a little vitamin soak this evening. He is still doing okay and seems to move from sleeping in the cooler area and basking in the hot spot. No vet yet, I work today 7:30-7:30 and I worked Monday 7:30-7:30. We are in our rush time at work and I am not allowed to miss any during this "blackout" period. Until I can get him in I will keep temps up and humidity in the middle somewhere just to not have to deal with any respiratory issues while he is not well.

Status
Not open for further replies.