new leopard tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesst

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I am getting a little leopard hatchling on Friday from turtles and tortoise inc. and am a little nervous. I have a 7-8 month old sulcata Morla and she has done great, eating well. I have a 20g long and a 40g breeder tank that I was going to use but am unsure of which tank would be better. I am also going to use a 100w MVB bulb for her. I live in Florida so when the weather permits she and Morla will go outside. Any advise will be great, thank you

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrat's on your leo cant wait to see pic's :) I would use the 40 gal breeder :cool:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
When the weather permits...has FL turned Arctic since I left 11 years ago? When I lived there it was 65-70 during December and over a hundred most of the remaining 11 months of the year! If they're safe, you should leave 'em outside whenever the sun is out...they're more hearty than you might think! If you have a good lawn and bushed...they'll make good use of them for snacking and mostly for hiding! I hope this is an option for you...and we'd love to get regular updates...with pictures;)

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
I will give updates as much as possible. Today was cloudy and rainy and its going to rain later this week. Should they go out even tho its rainy?

Chris.Todd.1991

5 Year Member
Nice, that's where I got chief about a year ago, they take very good care of their torts so our should be in for a treat :D

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
im also getting lepoard tortoise from turtles and tortoises. I got it on black friday for 20% off sale. Mine is coming trrow, cant wait to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.