New Leopard Tortoise

Destben

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
So, I am getting a new Leopard Tortoise. He is a 10-year-old adult male and will be kept separate from my young female. Does anyone have tips for indoor housing with adults? We have set aside a decent size area for him in our reptile room and the ambient temperatures in there are around 75F (it will be warmer as we go we just moved in).

Destben

Kansas
I will be setting him up with a large outdoor pen once it warms up.

MPappagallo

Myrtle Beach, SC
So, I am getting a new Leopard Tortoise. He is a 10-year-old adult male and will be kept separate from my young female. Does anyone have tips for indoor housing with adults? We have set aside a decent size area for him in our reptile room and the ambient temperatures in there are around 75F (it will be warmer as we go we just moved in).
I have a 7 year old, and we let him have the run of our indoor sunroom through the winter. I use a plastic deck box (similar to the photo) with a door opening cut into one end as a hide, and I fill it with hay. It gives him somewhere to sleep at night, plus, the hay is much easier to clean and replace on a frequent basis than mulch, etc through the winter. I keep a radiator style oil-filled heater in the room to keep the temps up for him....and he is happy as can be.

Attachments

• box.jpeg
    box.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 5