New-ish Sulcata Mommy

hnnhflns

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento CA, USA
Hi everyone! I have been meaning to post this for a while, but school keeps getting in the way.

I adopted my little Sulcata from the Pheonix Herp Society when they came to Sacramento this October. His (or rather its) name is Little Foot and I am in love with him. He is only about 8 months old but he is such a sweetheart.

We've had a couple hiccoughs since we got him: he was squeaking for a while but turns out he was just a bit constipated, and he very occasionally blows a little snot out his nose because it's been cold some nights.

He naps a lot and he seems to enjoy sleeping on my chest or on my desk when I study. He is eating great; he has plenty of grass and even gets pumpkin or banana on occasion. Life is hard when your food is taller than you are...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    874.9 KB · Views: 32

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Congrats on your newest addition!! I just have one question.. What are your temps? It might be a little to cold in his habitat for bubbles to come out of his nose. I am no expert and I am sure someone will chime in asking for temps as well. Good luck with him or her. :D Will you be keeping the same name if it's a female? Just curious!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi ...Hannah? is it???:

Welcome to the Forum!!

hnnhflns

5 Year Member
Sacramento CA, USA
Night temps are 68F at the lowest in the apartment. He has a heating pad buried just below the substrate in his box but no lid. He has a little tree round to crawl under above the heat pad though.

And yes, my name is Hannah. I'll be keeping the name Little Foot wether or not it is a male or female. Though my boyfriend calls him "stumper" because of the way that tortoise's back feet look like tree stumps.