New INDOOR ENCLOSURE PIC -- NEED IDEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinevandorm

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Olympia, WA
Hi guys, so I had a Tortoise table made for my Russian....I attached a few pics. It has a house with a ramp which is awesome....It is 2 feet (24in) wide by 4.5 feet (52 in) long. I put hay in the house since Willie loves to hide in it .....My bedding is a mixture of play-sand and forest bedding. I also have some tiles in the eating area...I placed some vinyl underneath the bedding for the moisture. Any input on how I can make this better with plants or other things to make it more interesting would be very much appreciated!!!!! Here are the pics......

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-New-INDOOR-ENCLOSURE-PIC-NEED-IDEAS#ixzz1YnEYBlhO

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1,012.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
I wonder if you could wedge one taller pot with a spider plant (grass like) in between the ramp and the side? It would kind of hang down over the ramp, act as a sight barrier below that he would have to go around. As long as he can't get over the ramp walls and use the pot to get out, but that would be minimized if the plant was on the house wall side and the pot was tall enough.
Or, you could get a plant hangar and hook a plant pot or two onto the side, again to hang down for interest.
Sometimes you have to play around with 'furniture' and try to think like a tort! :rolleyes:
I really like your set up!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Very nice. I really like the house shed ;) Plants would definitely make things a little more entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.