new indoor enclosure complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I finally finished the new indoor enclosure! This is for my new pancake hatchling that will be arriving next week.

The top one is home to plants for now, but hopefully, sometime in the future it will be home to another pancake :) The bottom is for storage. I do have a cement mixing tub that fits it, just in case I need a temporary enclosure.
IMAG0776-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG0778-1-1.jpg

IMAG0774-1-1.jpg

IMAG0779-1-1.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's beautiful. You built this yourself?

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Thanks!! Yep! It's taken me 3 weeks but I got it done! I even carved the fake rock on the platform out of a scrap piece of 2x4 I had left over.
Cyndi

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
It is beautiful!!! The little one will be spoiled living in there. It will look so tiny!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think this is fantastic. If I were a tortoise, I would want to live in there! I love the separate wire topped basking enclosure on the side. Great idea. What will you keep the ambient at inside the main cage? I really want to know how well the baby adapts to all this and what he does and where he spends his time.

Your baby will thrive in there. Nicely done.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Thanks so much! I'm pretty proud of it. I have the CHE on a thermostat set at 82. I decided to make the basking area like that so I could have more room to move the light. I didn't want to completely limit myself to only 2 feet in height. This way I can also change it out to a MVB in the winter.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
I think it looks great but I would add something to the side of the ramp and the upper level so your little guy doesn't fall off.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Beautiful, also would suggest some way to assure the little one does not have roll over incident off of the loft area and ramp....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.