New Ibera Greek Owner!

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Madison, WI
hello! new owner heer~
been having mi ibera greek fro 2wks neow~ got him from ArizonaTortoiseCompound~ supposedly just only afew months old~ 3-4 im thinking (hes only 1.5inch-2inch, havent rilla measured him)
just finally took some photos of ma setup
lmk what you think!

its a 20gL terrarium, open front/top with locks
DSC_1030.JPG
left, 90-100 basking spot(i was soaking him in a container under his basking lamp, i do this every morning befro wook~ 10-20mins luke warm water), mvp uva/uvb bulb and his fresh water dish,
to the right 80-85 depending on if the heat in my apt is on, some sphagnum moss in the middle, his little rock cave hideout, cuttlebone fish, and his food plate~ along with a CHE hanging and my temp gauges
some rocks, 40/60 playsand/topsoil, i think the play sand tends to get everywhere and annoying lol so i use less of it~

DSC_1035.JPG
DSC_1036.JPG
DSC_1037.JPG

been feeding him collard greens, spring mix, cat grass, oat grass, carrot tops, turnip greens, water-cress, radicchio, calcium+d3 supple twice a wk, just started mixing zoomed grassland in just to kinda balance everything, im gonna try it 2-3times a wk to see how things go

thankyou!
any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tortgirl123

Hey I got an ibera from atc about 3 months ago when my little guy was only one month. Maybe they're related! How cool! They only had 3 in stock when I got Hercules so maybe yours is one of the other two. Can I see pics? Here's Hercules ImageUploadedByTortForum1396152039.840335.jpg

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Madison, WI
tortgirl123 said:
Hey I got an ibera from atc about 3 months ago when my little guy was only one month. Maybe they're related! How cool! They only had 3 in stock when I got Hercules so maybe yours is one of the other two. Can I see pics? Here's Hercules

probably! yee i got mine when there was only 3 left! the errlay 2014 haltchings! they are related! lol

heer he is~ lazy sunday with edphonse elric~

DSC_1010.JPG
DSC_1015.JPG
DSC_1022.JPG

gtc

5 Year Member
Norway
I see you have 88% humidity in there. That is too much for Testudo species. I would aim for 60-70% max while he is so small and even less later. Also I would get rid of the sand completely as it may cause impaction.

ez13e42

5 Year Member
Madison, WI
gtc said:
I see you have 88% humidity in there. That is too much for Testudo species. I would aim for 60-70% max while he is so small and even less later. Also I would get rid of the sand completely as it may cause impaction.

thats only because i had just sprayed it, it usually drops down to 50-60% in 2-3hrs

i spray him 2-3times a day and leave him dry throughout the night

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
ez13e42 said:
gtc said:

thats only because i had just sprayed it, it usually drops down to 50-60% in 2-3hrs

i spray him 2-3times a day and leave him dry throughout the night

actually, the humidity is fine. As long as the temperature is stable you shouldnt have to worry too much. I wouldnt let it drop below 75 degrees at night. Basking 90-95 cool end at 75-80. The high temp would make the humidity drop quickly anyways.