New House, new Tortoise Room!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
That past two weeks my fiancee and I have been moving in to our new house. The basement is mostly finished, and there is a room (more of a nook, because there is no door yet) that measures around 12'x12' that we selected as our tortoise room. I built a new enclosure (pictures pending) that measures 8'x4'x12" with two 3'x2'x8" nesting boxes sunken into the floor, and it is on a large pedestal on wheels, with a shelf below for my red foot's 6'x3' vision enclosure. I now have a 1.4 group in the big enclosure.

Some of the changes we made to the room to accommodate the enclosures, incubators, hatchling enclosures, etc. include adding two designated circuits, one on a built in timer, and one on 24/7, with ample grounded outlets. We also added a designated heat run to keep the ambient temperatures up in the winter. Of course, when I say "we" made these changes, I really mean my fiancee's father made these changes, because he is qualified to do such things, and I am not :)

There is plenty of yard space for building outdoor enclosures when summer comes, as well as raised beds for growing food for us and the animals.

I will try to get pictures soon, but we have been really busy with the move and still have a lot of work to get done.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Congrats on the house sounds like you have been busy looking forward for pic's :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wow! It does sound like you have been busy. Congrats on the new home. So this is your very first house? When you get the chance, we are eager to see the pictures.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Congrats! Glad to hear it. Hope everything continues to go smoothly for you.

-ryan-

5 Year Member
Pics are coming. I'm hoping to have them up tomorrow. The tortoises are super happy to have their new, larger enclosure, and all of the animals are coming around to the new location.

Status
Not open for further replies.