New here!

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
Hi everyone!
I have a Russian tort! His name isFranklin! He’s got a great personality.... he’s got me wrapped around his shell already. He’s about 2.5 yrs old male. I’ve had him about 3 months now. I’ve included a photo of his habitat. He’s about the size of a hamburger. I’m Learning about him and enjoy reading about these beautiful torts.

image.jpg

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Welcome!

There's lots to learn about how to make a proper setup. There are several things about your setup that need to change to improve your tort's life.

Here's the best info:

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum

Happytort27

CA
Welcome to the forum! The care sheet linked above is a great resource.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the tort world.
If the UVB light is a looped or coiled type bulb. Those are not good for your tort. The light can damage their eyes. I had the same lights that the pet store sold me. After coming to this site I found out I needed to change. Pet stores will lead you in the wrong direction.
A flouresnt tube type is best. Check out Arcadia's 5.0 HO.

Las Vegas
Welcome to the tort world.
If the UVB light is a looped or coiled type bulb. Those are not good for your tort. The light can damage their eyes. I had the same lights that the pet store sold me. After coming to this site I found out I needed to change. Pet stores will lead you in the wrong direction.
A flouresnt tube type is best. Check out Arcadia's 5.0 HO.
Ty so much!