New here introducing me an my rescue tortoise george

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorenb

5 Year Member
Hi just a few things firstly I'm Loren I have rescued a red foot tortoise who was living in the wronge housing an aquarium. he has some pyramiding due to his last owner :(
His last owner told me George was a male if I post a pic can someone tell me what you think. He's been checked over all is ok now he's living in correct living conditions and humidity levels. He's currently havering a run made with a shelter house do outside in the summery uk weather as it is today roasting. How do I find out the age of my tort?
Any thoughts on the sex would be a great help thanks

Loren an now a happy George

:):tort:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Loren, and welcome to the Forum!!

Sorry, I can't help with the sexing...I'm just not good with RF's

Lorenb

5 Year Member
Do you think George is defently female he was named George by his last owner. I can try and get more pics if you like? Anyone have any ideas of how I can find out his/her age thanks again

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
My cellphone signal is too rubbish to look at the picture properly, so I'll have to take a look at gender of George/Georgia later.

Age cannot be known unless you know a hatch date. Growth varies depending on diet, environment and whether wild caught or captive bred. Our guess will be accurate to 5 years either side at best.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Looks female to me. Welcome to T.F.O. The only way to tell age is to ask the old owner. If he got it from a breeder he should be able to tell you the birthday of your little girl.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
I'm going to say female. Round anal scutes and a short stubby tail.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using TortForum mobile app

Lorenb

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone looks like I have a Georgia not a George. The old owner was hopeless with her didn't no any dates etc fed her wronge an housed her on rabbit hutch hay in a aquarium so I think I saved her just the right time. She's a lively pleasant tort she is roughly 8 inches long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.