New guy from Southern Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.

champy

5 Year Member
Hi! I'm a new Sulcata owner from the edge of the Mojave desert in Southern Utah (think Zion National Park area). I received this 25 lb. Sulcata (tentatively named "Maximus") from a lady in a slightly colder area who had rescued him when he was found wandering in the Utah desert somewhere. I've been into Chelonians my whole life, but I haven't had one since I was a child.
MaxSmall01.jpgMaxSmall01.jpg
"Max" seems to have experienced some sort of shell injury (see pictures) at some point in his life, and I'll be seeking advice on that and input on his appearance in general in another thread. I've been reading voraciously about how to keep this guy happy, and I'm excited to find this forum. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Champy!

Wow...poor Maximus! His skin also looks like it has undergone some sort of injury. Maybe he was in a fire???? I'd love to see pictures looking straight down on his carapace. Looking forward to your other threads about Maximus.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Welcome. I love the area around Zion Nat'l Park. Lucky you!

champy

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Welcome to the Forum, Champy!

Wow...poor Maximus! His skin also looks like it has undergone some sort of injury. Maybe he was in a fire???? I'd love to see pictures looking straight down on his carapace. Looking forward to your other threads about Maximus.

I think the odd look of his skin is due to the processing of that photo. It looks quite yellow and healthy in real life. There's a top down shot of his carapace in this thread:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Mystery-Sulcata-Found-in-the-desert-with-an-old-injury
Thanks for the welcome and the interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.