New group, Palawan box turtles (Cuora sp)

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsboro, NC
Received these from Cris Hagen today, 1.3 (1.2 adult, juvenile pictured)

Similar to Cuora amboinensis, but mid process of being described as it's own species.

Smaller than amboinensis, single egg layer, creme coloration on head. The have only been here for a couple hours but seem to be very out going.

Attachments

• PXL_20211110_164332184.jpg
    PXL_20211110_164332184.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PXL_20211110_164335583.jpg
    PXL_20211110_164335583.jpg
    976.5 KB · Views: 15

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Congrats on getting these. I was considering it and actually got to the point of talking to Cris about them.

Keep us updated on how they do and any breeding activity

Steve

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Congrats on getting these. I was considering it and actually got to the point of talking to Cris about them.

Keep us updated on how they do and any breeding activity

Steve
Yeah I went back and forth between them and some McCord's. Felt the McCords are oddly priced a bit high this year, going to give those another year (maybe ... lol). According to Cris there was some breeding activity with the adult females.

I don't really have interest in selling animals ever again (unless im overran with any individual species), but if you really want these I'll reach out if/when I have some hatchlings.

I would really like a second male.

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
Yeah I ended up getting some baby C. trifasciata since they were more affordable this year. The Cuora species I most want to work with are the terrestrial ones, but they are still absurdly expensive.

jcase

Platinum Tortoise Club
Pittsboro, NC
Yeah I ended up getting some baby C. trifasciata since they were more affordable this year. The Cuora species I most want to work with are the terrestrial ones, but they are still absurdly expensive.
These are probably the only aquatic cuora ill get (maybe if i see some of the burmese locale ..). I want the second male as backup.

The terrestrial ones are most interesting to me.