New Greek Tortoise

juli11

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Europe
Do you say hime that he sells you kleinmannis?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Ok but if he wants to exchange one male for a female how can you be sure than that you get an another kleinmanni and not a real Greek?

Naxxar
tell me how to be sure to get female cos im goign to change one... shall i change the smaller oen in size the one that I otught it is female? is the other male for sure?

Naxxar
im gonna keep these 2 males I love them. but still i need to speak with italian to buy a new pair not exchange. he can come to malta?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
... ... :-D

From which species do you want a pair? Greek or kleinmanni? I don't know where he can come. You have to ask. Here his email [email protected]

Naxxar
Well if he got kleinmanni and you sure that mine are kleinmanni than maybe i jsut buy a female kleinmanni from him. Cos I can't exchange them now too late my girl friend is so in love with the smaller tortoise I got and sicne I tougth it was I girl we named it a girly name and she doesn't want to change her name to boy now she love him/her so much lol. :)

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
Yes ok how ever :-D
So ask him for kleinmanni. Normally all sellers in Italy Spain etc have got some kleinmannis available. But think about it one lonely female coast 500-600€ minimum!

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
2145lhf.jpg

taza

5 Year Member
Cambridge, Ontario.Canada
Are they still living here. I don't know if their living conditions have improved. If not I would not encourage him to purchase another.
Can you post a picture of the enclosure you were going to build.

Naxxar
no in a big box until i get the chance to build them the enclousere cos im busy with school currently :/

i will post photo of their current box wait

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
Please DO NOT BUY more tortoises. If you're not going to be responsible about rehoming the kleinmanni, then you need to learn proper care for them. You need to do research and give them proper housing and learn about diets and gender ratios before you should even begin to think about getting more/breeding.

I'm going to be blunt here, and if it sounds mean, I'm sorry...that is not my intent.

With Kleinmanni, it is my belief (and many others' here) that if you own them you have an ethical obligation to be an experienced tort keeper with proper habitats and previous breeding/hatching/raising experience so that you can help this species to survive. What you are doing here is not helping these torts as a species or even as individuals.

The amount of improvement needed on your setup is astronomical. The amount of tortoises you would eventually need is a minimum of 4 females to add to your 2 males, since you're set on keeping them. Do you have space for 6 torts? Money and time to feed and care for 6 torts?

Honestly, with your current knowledge level and lack of a yard, it's in yours and your torts' best interests to exchange for 1 Greek and use any leftover money after the sale of these two to build it a proper habitat. I know you say you guys are in love with these torts, but what you're doing for them right now and where you seem to be heading (to me) is illness and with how fragile these guys are as wildcaught specimens, likely death. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not this month, but soon. If you truly love your torts, please find them a more appropriate home/owner. You can always find another tort to love. These Egyptians need their very best shot at survival, and right now I don't believe you're able to give it to them.

Like I said, this isn't me trying to be mean or personally attacking you. I'm just trying to be honest and straightforward to give you and your torts their very best chance. Please reconsider your current plan.

Naxxar
im gonan build a habitat for them very soon no they dont die I always feed them and lke twice a week soak them I care about them and I dont want them to die and I don't plan to get them females since they are rare to find but late I may buy couple of tortoise other breed (LATER) first I learn to grow them and make them nice home. Also since these are males... I must make them apart? liek build a wall to be alone? or 2 males can live togethr?

juli11

5 Year Member
Europe
To keep them alone is every time better! All my adult tortoise sit alone. It's better because you can see how much they eat and move. Also when they get ill they can't infect the other ones. Are they still live in the "enclosure" from the first pic???