New Gal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefoster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey all,
I have purchased two baby sulcata torties for my 12 yr old son and I don't know if we am giving them enough TLC. They go out in the early a.m. and late afternoon when the sun is going down to graze. We are located in Phx. so this is the only time they wouldn't get fried. They seem unhappy in their terrarium (20 gal) and appear to want to get out a lot. Should we be letting them out more? Should we be giving them more to eat other than grass from our yard? I have access to prickly pear, is there a certain method for feeding them cactus? Do they like the flower or the cactus itself? Sorry to bombard with questions, guess they have been building up. Thank you for any advise you can give.

Jamie & Isaiah

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! I personally can't give you information on sulcata, because I haven't been lucky enough to have any. However, we have many in this forum who are very experienced, who will soon be speaking up I am sure. Also start checking out the sulcata section. Lots of wonderful information and photos in there.

Once more welcome!

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
hi and welcome to the forum:)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will find the answers of all your questions in this forum :D

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Hello and welcome to TFO. You have received some great advice above, but I also want to point you to www.africantortoise.com. That site is a plethora of knowledge on caring for your Sulcatas. You can find edible landscaping plants as well as a list of edible plants in general that are all good for your Sulcatas. Please feel free to ask any and all questions you might have about your new charges here on the forums. :)

PS: I miss being in Phoenix!

Status
Not open for further replies.