New From Glendale AZ

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello there!

I am glad to have joined the Tortoise Forum. I am a resident of Glendale AZ, and I currently care for an August 2013 Gopherus hatchling. My family has a history with these tortoises and now I have the opportunity to care for one as well. Growing up my parents received a Gopherus agassizii from an aunt living in Las Vegas how's dog brought it in. They have had him for 25 years and his name is Elmer. My sister also received a Gopherus agassizii from Las Vegas from a cousin who had to move east for dental school. My Identical twin and I both live here in Glendale with our separate families, not too far from each other and we received these hatchlings through a friend's friend who needed homes for them. I am not sure on the species but they are defiantly either Gopherus agassizii or morafkai.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum! Curious about your usrname - Robinson backwards??

I'd love to see pictures of your baby.

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Geez, Sorry about the terrible spelling there in my earlier post. Yvonne, your assumption would be correct. I'll try and get some pictures to post soon.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome! Yes, let's see pics of the baby:)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Welcome to tfo ! Yvonne you don't miss a thing . (ole eagle eye )

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
mike taylor said:
Welcome to tfo ! Yvonne you don't miss a thing . (ole eagle eye )

How bout it. Can't get anything past her:p :D

Hello and Welcome:). Can't wait to see the pics.

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hey everyone,

I now have some pictures of the little guy. Since I only received him on Christmas day he is staying top side for the winter on a tortoise table using a Exo Terra Solar-Glo 125W. He has constant access to a water dish and has been eating mostly dandelion greens. I have offered some rose leaves but he had no interest, but since it is weed season in this part of Arizona, dandelion greens are easy to come by. I do make sure they come from my yard that has not been sprayed with any weed killers. I did order some seed for alfalfa, dandelion, clover and dichondra, and that is on the way, today I will order some tortoise grazing seed mix from AZ tortoise compound. Has anyone used this mix before? I have now started giving him daily warm water baths but have not yet started using any baby food in the baths, hopefully soon. let me know if you guys have any tips.

Thanks
IMG_0821.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Hey,

I just posted pictures but it looks like they were reformatted weird. Any good ways to attach photos from the Iphone?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Except for being upside down, your pictures are ok. We just have to click on it and it enlarges. Cute little baby.

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Sorry if I am over-posting but maybe these pictures will work/look better. I used my phone to edit them.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
photo 6.JPG
photo 7.JPG

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome..you are right around the corner from me. Im in Peoria...Glad you are using arizona tortoise compound. Andy is a great guy. He is full of awesome information. And a supporter of this site.

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Nice to hear from some other AZ folk. Ya I hope to do as much business as I need with him. I'm just waiting for my seed to arrive now so that I can plant the new Tortoise table that I have built.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Congrats on the new little one! and WELCOME!

Nosnibor

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks for all of the welcomes. I am in the process now of making a more permanent enclosure for our little guy. It is on top of an office desk. I am waterproofing the inside so that the wood does not warp because or the moisture. Also his humid hide will be made from pink foam insulation that is sealed with the same sealer. Here are some pictures.ImageUploadedByTortForum1389592173.040240.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389592187.575949.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389592207.221861.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389592219.991014.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1389592230.630466.jpg

tortluvr8

5 Year Member
We're in Arizona too :) Have never heard of AZ Tortoise Compound, but will check it out.