Which Name Do You Like?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo's Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kansas
I got a leopard gecko on the 4th. Still haven't had a good name for it. I haven't posted about it yet because I wanted to narrow down the names first.

It was pretty timid the first few days. But it has gotten more used to life with me now. It has an interesting pattern (I'll have to get more pictures on it and try to post them) and it is pretty fun to watch.

Not sure if this is true for most geckos, but mine will just stand still, occasionally walk around, but it will wait for a cricket to pass it. It will perk up, like it just realized it was there, and then start wagging its tail super fast, that is how we came up with Wags and Rattles. Then it pounces on the cricket and swallows. We came up with Cricket from the way it attacks its food, crickets.

Whisper is from how shy it was. I just like the name Jasper. Solo is from how it's my first gecko and also how it was the "one", when I saw it I knew it was the gecko for me, kinda like "love at first sight", except like "gecko love at first sight." :p Ember was another one I liked, and from it I recently came up with Spark.

Call me crazy, but I have a tendency to talk to animals, especially when I'm trying to name them. Every day when I wake up and before I go to bed, when it is out, I ask it if it likes a name, and if it does, bob its head. So far it bobbed at Ember and Whisper. But now I think its laughing at me! :p It just stares at me and says, "You're the one who needs to come up with a name." It usually blinks or winks.

Any ways, I watch it and know what it does and doesn't, so if you could please just vote on the name you like the best, or if you have any suggestions post them and vote other.

Even if one gets a 100% vote and I don't particularly like it, I won't name it that, I just kinda need some time to think and I want others opinions. You know, just to have them, I'll eventually have a good name for it.

Oh yeah, I'm going to join the Gecko Talk place sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.