New Enclosure

shelbylynn

Location (City and/or State)
Knoxville, TN
4B4C5CBC-4D66-47A3-87F5-1FA869BE5C29.jpeg Hey y’all. Just wanted to share my new closure I just finished for my baby leopard tort Roscoe Shelldon Dash. I took an old coffee table I got for $40 off Facebook marketplace and built on top of it. I’ve got my CHE on a thermostat set on 80. My UVB, basking lamp on a 12 hr timer. I also added a Zoomed 2 bulb hood light to add some additional light in there. I’m working on decorating my humid hide so there will be one in there this week to replace the rock cover in the corner. Let me know if y’all have any suggestions on what to change or add!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What does the temp stay at night and what is the humidity?
The temp should not go below 80 and the same with the humidity. You might need another heat source for night time.
I would give one hide leaving more walking space.

phoenix988

5 Year Member
Sounds good and looks good.
I have an open-top table, the humidity always about 65%, night Temp is 85 with the heater. is this ok?
My baby Leo's shell is a bit soft. Is that normal? and she only eats Mazuri.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have an open-top table, the humidity always about 65%, night Temp is 85 with the heater. is this ok?
My baby Leo's shell is a bit soft. Is that normal? and she only eats Mazuri.
How old is your leopard? Humidity should be closer to 80 and an open top really doesnt work real well. Fix even a shower curtain liner over it to help keep heat and humidity in. A hatchlings shell is very slightly pliable but should not be soft. A too soft shell is not good.