New enclosure substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizafoster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hi everyone ive just built my torts new new table today. i have made his substrate soil and sand mix in half of the enclosure and wood chippings on the other half it is all approx 10cm deep through out the table. he is burrowing to the bottom of the wood chip will he be ok?ie being able to get back out and also ok to breath?ps he is a horsefield.any advice would be much appreciated many thanks eliza

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Torts do like to burrow. What type of wood chips are you using though. Pine is toxic for torts.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Russians like to bury, mine are on clock work everynight at about 6pm they go under until the next morning. They have no problems going down or coming up. As Dee said make sure they are not pine or cedar.

elizafoster

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
:p
jenrell23 said:
Russians like to bury, mine are on clock work everynight at about 6pm they go under until the next morning. They have no problems going down or coming up. As Dee said make sure they are not pine or cedar.
hi dee and jen thanksfor your advice its not pine got it from reptil shop think its beech ive just woke up and came through to see him and he isfast asleep and hiding in his little hide

Status
Not open for further replies.