New Enclosure (Live Plants questions)

@itsmimie94

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hi! This is my new enclosure for my baby sulcata. I did put live plants on it, does anybody here know if these plants are safe for the tortoise? And what other plants do you suggest? I am using cypress mulch as a substrate. And half the enclosure gets sunlight from 9:00am to 11:00 am is it ok? Thanks.IMG_9769.jpgIMG_9770.jpg

P

pguinpro

What kind of grass is that [emoji54] I'm always looking for new grass [emoji28]

Melis

Maryland
Welcome!
Have you read our caresheets?
Your baby needs to be in an enclosed chamber to maintain proper temps and humidity. Those can’t be maintained outside.
I’m not good with plants, but have you checked out the tortoise table? And I can say if they were bought from a store the pesticides used are not tort safe. You would have to repot and let grow out for a substantial amount of time

@itsmimie94

Philippines
Welcome!
Have you read our caresheets?
Your baby needs to be in an enclosed chamber to maintain proper temps and humidity. Those can’t be maintained outside.
I’m not good with plants, but have you checked out the tortoise table? And I can say if they were bought from a store the pesticides used are not tort safe. You would have to repot and let grow out for a substantial amount of time

thank you. these plants are from my mom’s collection. and we dont use any chemicals for our plants.

the enclosure is located at the terrace, do i still need to move it inside the house? cause we have lots of dogs inside and im afraid that whenever i am not in the house they might get the baby tortoise and play with it. i transfer the tortoise every night in a room temperature. here in the philippines we dont get so cold or hot.

your suggestions are higly appreciated. thank you so much [emoji846]