New Enclosure being built

matheny00

Location (City and/or State)
Anaheim, Calif
Ok we have had our 2 little RF for just over a year the shell is about 4.5" long. I know some of you state issues with aggression based on an image i have for my avatar thye do not do that anymore haven't for over a year. They very seldom hang out in the same area normally opposite ends or sides of the enclosure. So please let this just be about the enclosure.
So far we have a 32" be 72" oak bookcase it is attached to a 3/4" piece of plywood for stability and has 4 - 2" x 4" braces. Currently it is resting on a cart that will be changed when we move the original enclosure from the 2nd cart. That will happen next weekend. Inside the bookcase it has a 40 mil. liner for shower pans and will never leak all corners ar folded glued and siliconed gaps. The top edge is attached with 1.5 x .75 plastic molding. So here are the current images.

Turtle box 003.jpgTurtle box 005.jpgTurtle box 007.jpgTurtle box 008.jpgTurtle box 006.jpgTurtle box 001.jpgTurtle box 002.jpg

Any thoughts for live plants grass or other substrates?

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
You can buy hibiscus and spider plants and they work well! Just make sure there was no pesticides on it before. Awesome enclosure!

matheny00

Anaheim, Calif
You can buy hibiscus and spider plants and they work well! Just make sure there was no pesticides on it before. Awesome enclosure!
This enclosure will be indoors most of the time as we have a huge side yard they go in for now to get more room.

So I am looking for smaller type plants. Thank you

Crush da Baum

Brooksville
You can get very smalle hibiscus only like a foot tall and spider plants are very small. I have four of them and they are about 4 inches tall and maybe 6 inches wide

matheny00

Anaheim, Calif
Well it has been a little over a week and the new home is almost ready. Few more items coming but I think the move is planned for tomorrow. I added some more pictures and I do have a question on humidity. currently the large panel with the plants is covered with lexan and a hole cut in it for the ceramic heating disk with a basking area below it. I have not covered the small door yet but do have the lexan for it. the light will be rested on the small opening and if I put lexan there I will cut around the light to let the uv rays in. So if or when I cover the small door how much opening do i need for air circulation?
on each end there is about an 1/8" - 1/4" opening and in between the doors about 3/16" around the light fixture about 3/4" from lexan to housing of heater. so how much more do I need? and should I just not cover part of the far right side of the door? I also have a mistking system that I can install if I need to. I also have a pot with some moss that will be kept moist.
20200409_153425.jpg20200409_153430.jpg20200409_153444.jpg20200409_153456.jpg