New Eastern Hermann on the way- Advice please

Braeden p

Location (City and/or State)
Pottstown PA
I

I don’t quite understand what you’re trying to say.
That I know that pet stores are bad AFTER I got Betty and you realized that too and that you should get them captive breed by someone that knows what they are doing. And you are saying how to not get then from a pet store because they can be sick and that the person will not buy a tort from a store again.

Sa Ga

MN
The care of Russians and Hermanns are very similar, so you will definitely be able to reuse a lot of the equipment you already have. Just follow the stickies that Karen posted for you and come here to post any questions you have. I'm so happy you've decided to try again, they're such wonderful animals! I really feel like my guy is my therapist, he just brings me such a sense of calm. Hopefully you can find peace with your new baby as well :)
So totally true, @KronksMom ! I love my boys (dogs) and Oadi (my toadi ?), but my absolute heart of jelly and sense of deep calm belongs to Morla. She cute, gentle, interactive yet independent, calm, and...I can outrun her! Lol

Domm

PA
While I was living in PA I never had any carapace dwellers.

I'm in Southern CA now, and had one desert tortoise. Unfortunately, he died during brumation this year. He was approx 15 years old. I don't know what happened.

Your baby will do fine there. When he's old enough, he'll be able to spend all summer outside. PA is a good climate for torts.

Thank you! I hope to raise a healthy hatchling

Domm

PA
The care of Russians and Hermanns are very similar, so you will definitely be able to reuse a lot of the equipment you already have. Just follow the stickies that Karen posted for you and come here to post any questions you have. I'm so happy you've decided to try again, they're such wonderful animals! I really feel like my guy is my therapist, he just brings me such a sense of calm. Hopefully you can find peace with your new baby as well :)

I was weary to try again but just like you said my other one brought such a sense of calm to my life. She was so sweet. I will post pictures and keep you posted when the little guy comes!

KronksMom

Illinois
I was weary to try again but just like you said my other one brought such a sense of calm to my life. She was so sweet. I will post pictures and keep you posted when the little guy comes!
I look forward to it! And there's no reason you can't share some pictures of the tortoise you lost. Just because she's gone doesn't mean she's forgotten. Her life mattered. She taught you a lot. And she opened your heart to an entire new species that you hadn't even considered before.

KronksMom

Illinois
So totally true, @KronksMom ! I love my boys (dogs) and Oadi (my toadi ?), but my absolute heart of jelly and sense of deep calm belongs to Morla. She cute, gentle, interactive yet independent, calm, and...I can outrun her! Lol
I have a cat (but she's really more my husband's cat), and then there's my dog. My little boy is the love of my life. When I got him I couldn't walk at all. All the (many) doctors in my life assured me that it was impossible. But my boy needed to go for walks. So I learned how to walk. One incredibly painful step at a time. 12 years later JC is dying, end stage kidney failure, I know you can relate. We got Kronk just before we found out about JC's diagnosis. Somehow he seems to understand. Kronk and I just sit and talk about everything. And I swear, he listens! He comes out to the sound of my voice and sits at the glass, turning his head this way and that as I talk to him. So it's a different relationship, but absolutely invaluable. As we prepare ourselves to say goodbye to JC, Kronk is calm and consistent, but still caring. And always needy, to remind us that life will go on.

Domm

PA
I have a cat (but she's really more my husband's cat), and then there's my dog. My little boy is the love of my life. When I got him I couldn't walk at all. All the (many) doctors in my life assured me that it was impossible. But my boy needed to go for walks. So I learned how to walk. One incredibly painful step at a time. 12 years later JC is dying, end stage kidney failure, I know you can relate. We got Kronk just before we found out about JC's diagnosis. Somehow he seems to understand. Kronk and I just sit and talk about everything. And I swear, he listens! He comes out to the sound of my voice and sits at the glass, turning his head this way and that as I talk to him. So it's a different relationship, but absolutely invaluable. As we prepare ourselves to say goodbye to JC, Kronk is calm and consistent, but still caring. And always needy, to remind us that life will go on.

I am sorry to hear this, you can't put that kind of connection into words. I am saying a prayer for a miracle for your little guy .

KronksMom

Illinois
I appreciate that, but we're ok. We've had an incredible life together and there is a season to everything. As horrible as this is for me and my husband, my baby is tired and he deserves to rest. He is no longer producing red blood cells, so he can't carry oxygen to his brain. He stumbles a lot, and has mood swings. It's not physically painful, but it isn't easy by any means. Hopefully it will only be a few more weeks. I appreciate the support though.