new DT enclosure in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
So I was @ my parents property today, and behind one of the storage sheds was a dinosaur shaped sand box, just sitting there wasting away making a nice cozy home for all the lizards (boy were they mad @ me). So my parents told me I could have it since my sister didn't need/ want it anymore.

Long story short.. I am moving my yearlings to the dinosaur, that way everyone can be outside everyday and I don't have to sit and watch constantly.

I was wondering if anyone on here has used the sandbox enclosure and if so what did you use to secure the wire?
I will post pics soon..

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I've thought about doing that in the past! What a great way to recycle!

You can try to use chicken wire or a heavier mesh type wire. Make it like a table....secure it to a frame, then put legs on it. So basically the wire is the "table top". Then you can just place it over the entire dinosaur.

Hard to explain in a post, but I can see it in my mind.

We somewhat did that when we made Ralph's tort table when he was a hatchling. But we put hinges on the framed wire, securing it to the middle of the tort table wood pieces so we could open it on either end.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I plan on cutting out two sides of the top, leaving the middle to support the wire/shade cloth. I'm trying to figure out away to secure the top to the base of the sandbox so the dogs can't knock it off. My hubby is excited as he doesn't have to build anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.