New Desert Tortoise Caregiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juli Goss

5 Year Member
I have just recently taken over care of 2 desert tortoises and I have so many questions. My tortoises are 2 years old, Little M and Little D. Right now they are in a large glass enclosure, but I have plans to move them into a large tabletop enclosure. I think I have the diet down so now I need help with lighting and heat. Types and hours per day would be helpful. Also any info on these soaks I am reading about would help too. Any other suggestions for a newbie are very welcome too!
Thanks,
Juli

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Juli:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

I"d love to see pictures of your new little guys.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Welcome to TFO! :D I have 5 CDT's. 1 big one and 4 yearlings! You will love them they are awesome! We are all here to help you Yvonne is awesome!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum :D We LOVE PICS :p

These guys are close to the heart here......ask away....and also, how have they been kept prior to you....housing, lighting, heating, diet, exercise, outside exposure time, etc....:D

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
Disco Tortoise said:
I have just recently taken over care of 2 desert tortoises and I have so many questions. My tortoises are 2 years old, Little M and Little D. Right now they are in a large glass enclosure, but I have plans to move them into a large tabletop enclosure. I think I have the diet down so now I need help with lighting and heat. Types and hours per day would be helpful. Also any info on these soaks I am reading about would help too. Any other suggestions for a newbie are very welcome too!
Thanks,
Juli

Check out this care sheet released by the CTTC for their care
http://www.tortoise.org/general/descare.html

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is an old thread. Another one of those new members who posted a question then never came back for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.