New Cold Frame enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi I have just helped my Daughter out by buying a cold frame enclosure for her Redfoot Speckles as she had not got a outdoor safe area for her yet and was having to sit and watch her while she had outside time. I am posting to double check that Polycarbonate is safe to have around Speckles before it arrives.

we are planing on putting it on a plant liner with some slabs an cypress mulch other it to stop her digging out, and we are planning to put lots of plants and weeds in there for cover as well as a hide. Here is a link to the Frame. Any suggestions or advice is welcome.

http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/coldframes/polycarbonate_safety_cold_frame/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just a word of caution. It gets VERY hot inside a green house if it is placed in the sun.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
emysemys said:
Just a word of caution. It gets VERY hot inside a green house if it is placed in the sun.
[/quote

We are planing on putting it under the butterfly bush at the side of the garden its pretty shaded there so hopefully that will help, we are putting a Thermometer in too and the lids on the top slide side way for more ventilation we are plannig on covering with mess when they are open to protect her , We are in the UK so Speckles will not be out side all the time just a sunning session on nice day like i do with Shelby. Shelby as a mesh area but i Know Redfoots like humidity so i thought the Cold frame would work better and as she grows kerry could add a mesh area and take a panal out of the side for access.

Status
Not open for further replies.