new cherryhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywoodbabylon

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
hey everyone.

i am new to the site and happy to be a part of this forum. i just got a 3-4 month old (or somewhere about that age) cherryhead and am psyched to own one. the guy i got him through claims that this little guy is from ecuador and is a "dwarf". i know there is some speculation as to if there are such a thing or just a marketing ploy, but either way, i don't care. this little guys colors are great (pics to come soon) and all seems to be going well so far.

i set up the enclosure with cypress mulch (want to add some spaghnum moss to aid in humidity), and while he hides out most of the time, he comes out of his little "cave" when i switch from the night bulb to the day bulb and has been eating collard greens and romaine mostly and loves carrots. i gave him a piece of my strawberry today and he seemed to like it. i am trying to introduce him to a variety of foods with the greens as a staple.

i am looking forward to gaining some knowledge, posting pics and bs'ing about torts.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey! Welcome to the forum. There are a ton of redfoots owners on this site (myself included). Its great to have you and its awesome to see a tortoise owner going out and seeking the knowledge to care for their pets.

Have a great day , see ya around the site.

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am not aware of any literature that shows cherryheads, or for that matter any redfoots in Ecuador. Probably brazilian that is where the great majority of cherryheads or their parrents originate from. Congrats on the new one though, they make great pets. Douglas Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.