New burrow for Thor! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

Thor kept going into his hide and digging out all the dirt in it trying to dig deeper down. So today I decided to turn his hide into a small burrow! I put two pots together with the end cut out of one. The deepest end is about 5 inches down and it is about 8 inches long. I then put dirt and sphagnum moss in the burrow so he can dig and feel like he is making it himself. Let me know what you think.

Before shot of previous hide
IMG_2783.jpg

IMG_2784.jpg

Hide removed and trench dug for new burrow
IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Testing the fit of the two pots
IMG_2788.jpg

New burrow installed and covered up
IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

Hmm what's this?
IMG_2794.jpg

What has that crazy woman done now?
IMG_2795.jpg

I need more food before I do anymore exploring.
IMG_2796.jpg

I tried to get shots of the inside but all you see is moss.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Thats cool, how old is Thor? Hes so super cute.

S

Scooter

I'm not sure on his age the guy at the pet store didn't know but he is about 3 inches long so still young.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
How ever long you have had him, I would add 3 to 6 months it would just be a rough guess though. Nice burrow, I have always gone for function over looks myself.

S

Scooter

Thanks dmmj I was thinking he is about 6-9 months. So far he has not gone to far into the burrow I don't think he has tried to move the moss yet and realize it deeper now.

S

Scooter

Thanks! He seems to really like it. He is all the way in the back of it every night to sleep.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Too cute! The lengths we go to in order to please our torties is impressive...I am sure they appreciate it at some level of their underestimated intelligence! :D

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
This is such a good idea. I think I'm going to have to do something like this for mine. I can't believe I haven't thought of this before.

What did you use to connect the two pots?

S

Scooter

Nothing, I just cut out the bottom of one and places the opening right up next to each other and since its buried they are staying together fine.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
Ok cool. That makes since. I'm going to try this out this week.

If it's needed, what would you suggest using to connect the two containers? Would hot glue be safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.