New Boys (Ferrets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Hi everyone,

Here are some pictures of the two ferrets we adopted last week. Their names are Merlin and Bear.

IMG_5188.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Lrtt-3GcVTo/SuSTTPDfSXI/AAAAAAAAATc/cXydE8CitjA/s720/IMG_5181.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Lrtt-3GcVTo/SuSTTTL0JsI/AAAAAAAAATg/BTsBliNXAL0/s640/DSCN0545.JPG

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Whenever I see two ferrets together I think of kodo and podo from the beastmaster.

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Lol, I loved Beastmaster! I got these two boys off of craigslist. The girl who I adopted them from was moving to California, and she couldn't keep them because they are illegal there. She was actually considering adopting them out to separate homes, which I couldn't believe because they are so attached to each other! They are always getting into trouble together or cuddled up for bedtime. :)

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
How adorable! I used to want a ferret so badly when I was little, but unfortunately I live in California so I had to let go of that dream =/

I've heard though that sometimes they can be vicious either towards humans or other pets?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If I remember my ferret lore, they are usually tame but they are wild animals and should be treated as such, also the females have to be "fixed" unless you are breeding them or they will come down with either a disease or some type of cancer. Anyways I live in calif and I always wanted a ferret, but it is not a rule that is usually enforced (not that I am encouraging anyone to be a law breaker) I wish calif would unoutlaw them already, we had one governor canidate run one year and his whole platform was ferret legalazation.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ferrets are such a blast. We have three (2 boys and a girl). The girl can be a real snippy pain, but the boys are just so sweet and funny. Enjoy them! :D

BethyB1022

5 Year Member
Our boys are indeed very sweet. I have heard to wait to adopt ferrets until they are over a year old because their personality changes so much in the first year. I don't know how accurate that is.

As far as other pets go, they are VERY curious about our sulcata hatchling, so we make sure to keep them no where near each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.