New Boxie garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
I took some pictures today....it still needs a lot of tweeking....the stream is too deep, so I need a lot of river rocks to fill it in. I also need more river rocks to put in the pond to cover the filter. I have to put black pond tape on the filter tubing as it's orange and doesn't look too good. I need more plants.....etc...etc.... By the end of the summer when the plants are established it should look better....and next summer it will look pretty good. At the end part where the hibernation cave goes.....my son has to buy some wonder board and cement some stones on top. Right now I just have a piece of ply wood. I sat out there for over an hour to make sure that everyone was OK, and no one fell or toppled over...so far so good. Tomorrow I will finish up...too pooped to do any more today.

Chewy...hiding
037-4.jpg

coming out of the pond
029-6.jpg

This is the end that they will hibernate in after I put the wonder board roof on
032-4.jpg

Chewy hiding...she cracks me up
055-1.jpg

Chewy and Pi on one side of the pond
052-5.jpg

Pi...same age as Chewy...sitting on a plant
050-2.jpg

Pi and Chewy...best friends...."wait for me Chewy"
049-3.jpg

Nolie, Pi and Nora...eating
014-16.jpg

Nora on one side of the pond
002-36.jpg

Nolie next to the stream
031-6.jpg

The other side...the pond is under the hosta.
038-8.jpg

That's going to be the hibernation cave. It goes pretty far back.
028-8.jpg

All around the top is big stones that over lap the garden so no one can climb out. They are cemented in and form a cave so the turts can sit under them.

And Pio...so happy now..."thank God they're gone...now I can eat my pansies".
047-4.jpg

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I want to see your yard. An overall picture of the entire yard. Your enclosures are so pretty. Is like to see a shot of the entire space. How much room did you allot for the boxes and then for Pio.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Absolutely gorgeous Terry. They look so happy in their new enclosure. I just love the boxies their eyes are so buggy and cute. Your son and you are so talented when it comes to building beautiful enclosures. It's a good thing that we don't live closer or we'd be bugging you to come over and help out with Dale's. :D

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Wow terry your enclosures are just amazing!! You are so good at making them look natural you could write a how-to book about it! Thanks for sharing!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
As always...simply beautiful for both humans and the turtles! :)

movealongmosey

5 Year Member
Cincinnati Ohio
Oh my gosh I love chewy and pi! They are the cutest. You definately have a nice group of fine lookin turtles ;) and your set up is amazing! I cant wait till I have a house of my own, so I can pimp out my torts enclosure! lol :D
Thanks for sharing Terry!

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I get so excited when your thread title says pictures! Gorgeous as usual Terry, makes me want to go out and DO that myself.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Missing my son today...an anniversary ...sort of..anyway it was a not too good day for me.....you guys....thank you so much for bringing me back up.
It's no where near finished. I never realized how big it was....for me anyway. It's 22' x 5', I think...but I made a planter on one end.
goReptiles...(what's your name?) That garden is on one side of my house, right next to a fence. The other side in my vegitable garden, then I have a small front with grass and shrubs, and I showed you the back yard. That's where Pio's garden is. My yard is only 45' x 100'. Compared to you all it's pretty small. Just enough for me though....anything else would be too much work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Beautiful, Terry!!! You need to do something really nice for your habitat builder son. He did a great job and it looks like it will last a long time. Chewy is already starting to show his pretty carapace pattern. Her sister that I have here is still pretty drab-looking.

Beautiful habitat!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Please stop posting pics I am starting to feel inadequate :(
J/K nice pics as always

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
dmmj said:
Please stop posting pics I am starting to feel inadequate :(
J/K nice pics as always

Where have you been? I missed you. I haven't had a good laugh .......:D

Yvonne did you incubate Chewy for any sex? Pi is very drab compared to Chewy. They're about the same age.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Wow Terry you have such a talent. You have the luckiest Boxies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I had some comp trouble a virus would no let me log onto certain sites, and my anti virus could not find it, and it took me 2 weeks to find my windows XP disc, so I had to go 2 weeks without tort forum.

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
That looks great. I showed my wife and she told me I need to get to work and make new turtle homes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
Yvonne did you incubate Chewy for any sex? Pi is very drab compared to Chewy. They're about the same age.

I always have my incubators set for females of everything that gets put in there. However, I do get an awful lot of males. I'm hoping that Chewy and her sister that I've kept are female.

Laijla

5 Year Member
Just beautiful Terry! Lucky little turtles!
Jet is loving his summer quarters and he is starting to show a nice flush of new growth. I'm sure his enclosure will work for next summer also but after that I'll have to upgrade and your pics are always such great inspiration :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Terry, it is sooo beautiful!! And I love your pics, they are always so nice. Pio is such a nice and handsome gentleman :D And your turtles look very nice, they are beautiful! Thank you for sharing :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Lovely enclosure, the turtles and tortoises look so natural and comfortable in that setting. I'm sure they will be very happy little Chelonians there in their mini-rain forest.

Now I've got a question: after all this time, is it Pee-oh or P-eye-oh? :rolleyes:

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Stephanie Logan said:
Lovely enclosure, the turtles and tortoises look so natural and comfortable in that setting. I'm sure they will be very happy little Chelonians there in their mini-rain forest.

Now I've got a question: after all this time, is it Pee-oh or P-eye-oh? :rolleyes:

You will laugh at this one...I named him Padre' Pio after my favorite saint. My kids call him the Padre'. Hopefully he is a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.