New Box Turtle(What is it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saloli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
middle river
Shelly among others comes when called though that could be a conditioned response. Tortoise and Terrapene are not closely related they are about as closely related as dogs and cats. Dogs have been breed for thousands of years even if not selectively like in the last three hounded years for traits like response to commands and understanding of humans. Though an irony in that is that domesticated dog seem to understand human expressions better the chimps do.

Oh and the whole going to the bathroom in one place isn't hard to teach dogs because they are denning animals by nature. There are other animals ferrets, hamsters, cat, iguanas, and even chickens can be litter or toilet trained.

Though no dog that I've lived or dealt with ever seemed to understand me ( some of the dogs were ex combat dogs). They always bugged me ( my wife likes dogs though I personally have no love or hate of them). I'm not sure if them not understanding me is my fault or not ( I'm not real good at expressing emotion I'm told it is related to my way of thinking).

Status
Not open for further replies.