New Baby Tortoise *Pics* of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
After the sadness of losing our first baby on Thanksgiving, my girlfriend and I talked it over and decided to get another baby sooner than we planned. We hopped online and ordered a baby black Greek tortoise (Testudo graeca ibera) from theturtlesource.com. The new little one arrived this morning and right out of the box this one is many times more active than the first. He/she has been exploring and eating all day and only stopped for a few minutes of rest. We have not decided on a name yet but here are some of our choices that we have selected. Because of the Greek background we go with Greek names:

Female names and meaning
Metea – Gentle
Naiya – Water Nymph
Nysa – A New Beginning
Rhea – Rivers
Thea – Gift of God
Zanthe – Light Blond
Zoie – Life
Zahara/Zohara – Hebrew origin – Light, Splendor

Male Names and meaning
Spiro - Spiral
Zosimos – Able to Survive

Unisex Names and meaning

Aleckto - Unceasing

As for health, the shell is in great condition, mouth is nice and pink, eyes are bright, no fecal matter stuck to the butt, pooped in the soak earlier, eating quite a bit and very active! He/she weighed in at 25 grams, 2" long and would guess that he/she is about 5 months old or so. At any rate on with the pictures.

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Thank you all for looking!!

EKLC

5 Year Member
The baby looks cute and healthy, congrats. I love your enclosure, could you comment on whats going on with that bridge/hide?

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
What do you mean EKLC? I just took various pictures of the little one running around

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Little guy looks sweet! I dont kno much about greek tortoises, but i live your enclousre! Can u post some pics of the whole enclousre? Im looking for ideas

EKLC

5 Year Member
MatrixDJ said:
What do you mean EKLC? I just took various pictures of the little one running around

Just want to know how you made that awesome bridge thing in the enclosure

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
thats is some nice enclosure. is that a real aloe? Im trying to add some new plants in my enclosure.

MatrixDJ

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
cyyoung749 said:
thats is some nice enclosure. is that a real aloe? Im trying to add some new plants in my enclosure.

Yes, it is real aloe. If you choose succulents, do your research first to make sure they are not poisonous. There is a good thread on here too but don't recal where... or you can always say, "To the Google!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.