New baby sulcata light question

Chelseyrf

Location (City and/or State)
PORTSMOUTH
Hi everyone,
I have some questions I just got my first sulcata hes still a hatchling.
I wanted to kniw about the lighting, currently we have a 100 watt uva light. Is that ok or is there a difference in uva and uvb?
Any tips and recommendations would be amazing I want him to be healthy and happy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone,
I have some questions I just got my first sulcata hes still a hatchling.
I wanted to kniw about the lighting, currently we have a 100 watt uva light. Is that ok or is there a difference in uva and uvb?
Any tips and recommendations would be amazing I want him to be healthy and happy
Hello and welcome.

Sadly, most of the care info given out for this species is wrong. Its old, out-dated and incorrect. Most breeders, vets, book authors and "experts" don't know this. They learned sulcata care decades ago when we all had the wrong ideas, and they don't even know that knowledge has advanced.

Here is the correct care info. This is how you keep him healthy and happy. Lighting and heating info is in there:

Chelseyrf

PORTSMOUTH
Hello and welcome.

Sadly, most of the care info given out for this species is wrong. Its old, out-dated and incorrect. Most breeders, vets, book authors and "experts" don't know this. They learned sulcata care decades ago when we all had the wrong ideas, and they don't even know that knowledge has advanced.

Here is the correct care info. This is how you keep him healthy and happy. Lighting and heating info is in there:
Thank you sooo much