New Baby Sulcata Enclosure

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
This is what you are using correct?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KXWM52/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

1. Are you only using a single light fixture? It looks as if only half the enclosure is lighted. If the tortoise can't see the area, they're probably not going to use the area. Also what type of bulb are you using? Please be specific and or provide a picture/link of the product.
2. Consider mounting your light fixture(s) onto the lid itself. Cut out section of the top and affix your fixtures on top of the lid.
3. Having a additional hide and water dish on the cool side of the enclosure is an beneficial option.
4. Plan ahead. That 4 ft enclosure you currently have will not last for a Sulcata hatchling.

Yeetster

West Virginia
This is what you are using correct?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KXWM52/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

1. Are you only using a single light fixture? It looks as if only half the enclosure is lighted. If the tortoise can't see the area, they're probably not going to use the area. Also what type of bulb are you using? Please be specific and or provide a picture/link of the product.
2. Consider mounting your light fixture(s) onto the lid itself. Cut out section of the top and affix your fixtures on top of the lid.
3. Having a additional hide and water dish on the cool side of the enclosure is an beneficial option.
4. Plan ahead. That 4 ft enclosure you currently have will not last for a Sulcata hatchling.
Yes and I’m using 1 uvb, 2 heat emitter 100 wat and a 80 watt ( I switch on during day and off at night for the 80) and also 1 100 way basking.
The temps are 93 and 65% humidity rn but I just set it up so they should rise.

This is the uvb
https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-repti...MI-KjP8IeJ3QIVXp7ACh3gjgBbEAQYAiABEgIQKvD_BwE

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings....and like others have noted in lots of posts, those temp/humidity gauges are not very accurate at all. It’s best to spend a few extra bucks, go to HomeDepot and pick up a. Couple Accurite digital gauges...with a remote sensor.

Be careful with temperature gradient so neither end is toooo hot or too cold. Are you uding a CHE and thermostat to regulate the overall temp, plus a basking light...etc

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
Yes and I’m using 1 uvb, 2 heat emitter 100 wat and a 80 watt ( I switch on during day and off at night for the 80) and also 1 100 way basking.
The temps are 93 and 65% humidity rn but I just set it up so they should rise.

This is the uvb
https://www.chewy.com/zoo-med-reptisun-50-uvb-fluorescent/dp/126577?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=f&utm_content=Zoo Med&utm_term=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-KjP8IeJ3QIVXp7ACh3gjgBbEAQYAiABEgIQKvD_BwE

The opened hatch is the reason why most of the heat is escaping from your enclosure. Large, closed chamber style enclosures only need a single ceramic heat emitter. Do as I suggested and cut into the plastic lid. Use aluminum foil to cover to exposed edges (Taping the foil unto the lid is optional) and place your fixtures on top of them. Easy.

Get an additional uvb fixture to light up the other side of your enclosure. I would suggest getting a 2-4 ft one so you can use both of them in the 8' x 4' enclosure you'll mostly need to buy/build in the near future.

Keep one ceramic heat emitter on constantly at 80F. You need an additional basking light bulb at 95-100F. Keep humidity at 80%. As Maro2Bear suggested, pair the thermostat with the ceramic heat emitter. Place the uvb and basking fixtures on a 12-14 hour daily timer.

Yeetster

West Virginia
Greetings....and like others have noted in lots of posts, those temp/humidity gauges are not very accurate at all. It’s best to spend a few extra bucks, go to HomeDepot and pick up a. Couple Accurite digital gauges...with a remote sensor.

Be careful with temperature gradient so neither end is toooo hot or too cold. Are you uding a CHE and thermostat to regulate the overall temp, plus a basking light...etc

I don’t have a thermostat but yes I do have a basking light and it always sits at 85-90 range and humidity is now up to 75% so I can’t be that wrong?

Yeetster

West Virginia
The opened hatch is the reason why most of the heat is escaping from your enclosure. Large, closed chamber style enclosures only need a single ceramic heat emitter. Do as I suggested and cut into the plastic lid. Use aluminum foil to cover to exposed edges (Taping the foil unto the lid is optional) and place your fixtures on top of them. Easy.

Get an additional uvb fixture to light up the other side of your enclosure. I would suggest getting a 2-4 ft one so you can use both of them in the 8' x 4' enclosure you'll mostly need to buy/build in the near future.

Keep one ceramic heat emitter on constantly at 80F. You need an additional basking light bulb at 95-100F. Keep humidity at 80%. As Maro2Bear suggested, pair the thermostat with the ceramic heat emitter. Place the uvb and basking fixtures on a 12-14 hour daily timer.

I just now closed the lid that was open they were just in the pictures like that but thank you!! And okay