Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
So cute. Love it

H2447INTX

5 Year Member
Angleton
Congratulations Blake, let me know when you get to the point of offering them up, always use some new blood in my group.

BlakeATX

5 Year Member
Austin Texas
Fantastic thread. One of the best on the forum. Thanks for sharing Blake.
Thanks, Tom! That really means a lot coming from you. Appreciate it! I figured I’d document my first batch from hatching all the way through growing up and then started getting more and more batches- so figured why not show pics of them along the way. I know I was looking all over for resources when I first got started so hopefully this helps! More to come!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks, Tom! That really means a lot coming from you. Appreciate it! I figured I’d document my first batch from hatching all the way through growing up and then started getting more and more batches- so figured why not show pics of them along the way. I know I was looking all over for resources when I first got started so hopefully this helps! More to come!
I have three large adult females. The smallest is over 15" and they are all around 15 years old now, so prime condition for breeding. I'm looking for an adult male to put with them. All the temperatures, timeframes, incubation techniques in this thread have been extremely informative and helpful for someone like me who hasn't yet bred this species, but is just about to. The discussion of ground temps from Mark, Dan and Bill, is truly a gift to be able to read. Likewise with all of your pictures and insight. You have started down a road that I hope to be on in the near future.

BlakeATX

5 Year Member
Austin Texas
9D4A2AE0-CE0C-4363-A460-11B37AF1FC5D.jpeg
1 week old- still have about 4 eggs looking to hatch in the next week or two. Total eggs in the batch were 15 and 4 hatched so far. Usually it’s close to 50% hatch rate so we shall see.....

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
They are so beautiful.