New baby finally has a name!

SouthPaw

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Westchester County, NY
Our new baby Russian tortoise arrived on Thursday and we weren’t able to think of a name for him/her. My stepson,Teddy came over for the weekend (he’s 11) and he thought we should call him Sky, so we went with it...but it just didn’t fit. My husband and I both didn’t like it but we didn’t want to tell Teddy. But last night it came to me! Since we already have Franklin the turtle, our tortoise should be Benjamin! get it?? Benjamin and Franklin?! HA!!!? I think we’ll call him Benny for short. Like “Benny and the Jets”. If it turned out he’s a she, we’ll just call her Mrs. Benjamin...or maybe she won’t mind Benny :)

I haven’t told Teddy yet. Wish me luck!?

Since this picture I got a slate tile for his food and I pushed the jar cap into the substrate so he can reach it better

Attachments

• F8341DAE-8D46-446C-BAF0-075F05BFD499.jpeg
    F8341DAE-8D46-446C-BAF0-075F05BFD499.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw geez, what a cute little baby!

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Cute and great name! Try buying 2 flower pot saucers and fill each with water and food . Slate can be under heat lamp for basking. They like to crawl in and sit in water or wade through and you must encourage drinking. Along with soaks and food washed in water provided wet should all help.