new aquarium setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
this is a photo of my new aquarium that i just got set up. its been running for a little while now but i just put the finishing touches in... a large lava rock, and some plastic plants. right now i have 2 tetras (i forget the name) and 2 zebra danios. i like the unique tall hexagonal tank as opposed to the plain ol' 10 gal rectangle. i'd like to get some more fish pretty soon but i haven't given much thought as to what kind -- just some type of pleco.
this isn't the best photo, but it gives you an idea. i'll take more when i get some new fish
attachment.php

Attachments

• tmpphpcddjxx.jpg
    tmpphpcddjxx.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 265

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ive always heard with tall tanks its really cool to get differnt fish that live in differnt levels of the tank. Those little cory cats are cool for the bottom.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
Nice tank Josh.

I had many different aquariums all my life. My last one was a 40-gallon salt tank. It did great for three years then I purchased another piece of live rock that had some type of red algae on it that spread throughout the tank and killed off everything.

It was great entertainment for the cat, he would sit and watch the fish for hours :)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I used to have a puffer fish. They like to swimming up and down which is very entertaining to watch but they may nip at your tetra if they are hungry.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Discus goes well in that kind of tank.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
That tank is a bit small for discus, I think by looking at it - if it was a 35 hex, then you might be able to pull off a pair.

As far as plecos, look into bristlenose. They max out at about 5 inches. Most other species, such as commons, high fins, etc, are going to get waaaaaay to big for that little of a tank. Albino bristlenose seem to stay even a bit smaller than the browns, around 4", and there are some GORGEOUS long finned varieties in both albino and regular BN. L144's are yellow with blue eyes, really pretty little fish. They are purely vegetarian, where common plecos are actually omnivorous. They like algae wafers, cucumber, zucchini, etc.

Kristina

laura13617

5 Year Member
midwest
maybe cpl of angels for that tank? its very pretty whatever u decide to put in it:)

Traveller

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Very nice tank Josh!

I really like the taller tanks also.

A large school of CPD ( Celestial Pearl Danios) would look awesome, combined with a smaller group of hatchet fish. or micro rasboras, look neat as well.
Whatever you choose enjoy, and watch out tanks are very addictive.
I have 6 running at the moment for a total of 459 gallons:).

MaddieLynn

10 Year Member!
A 10 gallon definately isn't big enough for angels, and it's really not big enough for any type of pleco either. :)

If I were you, I would get 4 more of the kind of tetras you have and 4 more of the zebra danios. They are both schooling fish, so they would be a lot happier with more of their own kind.

That would stock the tank nicely. I wouldn't put anything else in after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.