New Aquarium, Heater Help Please!

Chloebark

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Indiana
I am so excited about finally being able to upgrade my turtles from a 75 gal to a 125 gal and I wanted to share it with people who are as enthusiastic about turtles as me!
I have 3 red eared sliders (2 female 1 male) and a female eastern river cooter, all 5 years+

Some specs:

125 gallon Aqueon fish tank

Fluval fx6 canister filter (meant for 400 gallon tanks and filters 925 GPH-it’s a beast!)

Currently 1 Mercury vapor bulb held over a zoomed pond floating dock XL (I plan to add one more of each on the opposite end)

A few things inside to hide in

I currently have 2 tetra turtle aquarium heaters that worked well for the 75 gallon but I definitely need to upgrade them for this one...any suggestions? I have found some 300 watt submersible aquarium water heaters but they’re all glass and I’m afraid of my turtles breaking them and hurting themselves!

If anyone has some input as to what else I should add I would appreciate it!

IMG_1535839997.941487.jpg
IMG_1535840010.161036.jpg

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Is there a rubber tip on that heater? If so I wouldn’t worry too much. Fluval make some that are completly shock proof perfect for turtles. Anyway that is a very good upgrade you made there. Female res get HUGE. Has for things to add...idk, you got a thermometer on that basking spot?

Chloebark

Northern Indiana
Is there a rubber tip on that heater? If so I wouldn’t worry too much. Fluval make some that are completly shock proof perfect for turtles. Anyway that is a very good upgrade you made there. Female res get HUGE. Has for things to add...idk, you got a thermometer on that basking spot?

Thanks! I went to the pet store and there were sooo many options I had no clue which to choose. And no I don’t have a thermometer on the basking spot, I use a temp gun. When I first set it up it was at 110! I adjusted it and it’s now at 90 and they’re all happily basking. When I go to set up the other side I’m going to let the basking spot be a little warmer for them and let them choose which they’d like.