New and Looking for Identification Help

erose78

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone. I am Erin. I am new here and a new tortoise mother. My friend found a tortoise on her driveway and was unable to find the owners after 3 weeks.. so I decided to adopt. I am still digging through all these threads but I am hope someone can tell me what species this is... just so I know what tailor my research to. Thank you!!!IMG_4921.jpg IMG_4923.jpg

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
He needs some long, long warm soaks right away! Rehydration therapy is key. Lucky guy (or girl?)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi everyone. I am Erin. I am new here and a new tortoise mother. My friend found a tortoise on her driveway and was unable to find the owners after 3 weeks.. so I decided to adopt. I am still digging through all these threads but I am hope someone can tell me what species this is... just so I know what tailor my research to. Thank you!!!View attachment 281917 View attachment 281918

In addition to offering hydration which is important...that tort is underweight...which means likely poor diet--which will also contribute to pyramiding....so offer up as much food as the tort will eat...I also would plan to ATTEMPT to keep the tort awake during the winter vs letting it brumate....you will want to be able to watch the tort for a year or so to get to know it before supporting a successful brumation. Gorgeous tort...