New and First timer :)

FlowerzTrolls

Location (City and/or State)
Northern Alberta, CAN
Well Hello Everyone!

Here's a little background on me.. I have been a absolute HUGE animal lover my entire life (well over 30 years now! LOL ). Even collecting frogs and tads out of a pond as early as the age of 3 and riding horses since I was about 8 years old :) My family is pretty much all passed and from major trauma in my life, all things animals is what have keep my sane all these years. That said, my whole life revolved around all animals! So obsessed with them that I have done researches, teaching, learning and self educating about a ton of them! I make myself sick with it LOL. I LOVE them! Most says i should of been a Vet but i know in my big weak heart that, as much as i would love and adore my job, it would be WAY to hard on me. Why you ask? I suffer from severe anxiety and PTSD since the age of 11 ( Family and trauma shi* ) and with that said, on the days where I wouldnt be able to save all of them, would be the days I would go home crying and never forgive myself for it! Truly a BAD BAD BAD mix. So ill be the crazy knowledgeable animal person without being a Vet. I have cared, rescued and basically brought back to life quite a few! From the big ones to the tiny ones! Including my Betta fish Travis. Saved that dude's life twice now! LOL

Anyways, Long story short, I am a French Canadian, also a CRAZY Frog lady ( and keeper LOL ) and for years Ive been wanting to add a tortoise to my Family :) And I just finally did that! Yayyy! Got myself a teenie weenie CB Red Foot :<3::tort::<3: AKA Little Bean Louis! Got to say, I am for sure a first time keeper with tortoise but I've Been around them and as mentioned, obsessively read about them for quite some time! I happen to be a 'Dirty' Vegan myself so the little bean and I have the same eating habits, which makes it quite easy for the diet part of things! Ive read myself sick on what to eat, nutrients in each veggies/fruits, how it get metabolized and such as well which will come VERY handy for Louis! Ive kept amphibians for years so I am equipped to the 9 with everything necessary heating, lighting and tank wise ! Ive learn a lot over the years of keeping my babies about proper heating, humidity, substrate, lighting and reptile/amphibian disease and how the little buggards hide sickness SO well! Kind of got the eye for it now as my only Toad left, has been nothing but a sickie handful to deal with over the last 2 years. But thats a whole story on its own! She's my Vet's mystery girl LOL

Ive been a bit of a secret reader on this forum. I am very happy to actually join now and be part of this awesome group! Nothing like animals bringing people together :<3:

Looking forward to get to know you all and especially hearing all the good advice and info I can learn from all you expert keepers!! This is all so EXCITING!!

Nice to meet you all!! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's nice to meet you too, Flowerz. . . or do you prefer Trollz? Welcome to the forum!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Hello, Flowerz! and welcome!

I know you said you're read up, but I'm sure you've discovered there's soooo much conflicting info out there! So, just in case you haven't seen it, here's a link to our redfoot subforum. Read the "stickies" at the top first.