Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
RE: New additions from Daytona

jpeck425 said:
Tim/Robin said:
We understand addiction. ;)

We have that problem too.

I know it looks crazy after what I just wrote, but I noticed you have Egyptians. I've always really liked them, but have been afraid to try them. There were some really nice ones at Daytona. Have you found them to be hardy?

Still feeding the addiction
Jeff :)

Jeff,

Our Egyptians are just hatchlings. We have read that they can be difficult, but so far they are doing great. They have great appetites and all 3 are consistantly gaining weight. We feel confident we got healthy hatchlings and have studied a lot on what it takes to care for them. I guess now it is wait and see. So far, so good.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
tasena said:
I am feeling the itch myself:D I am going to my first expo in Oct. Cant wait my check book is already heating up;)

Lol, it's definitely addictive. Anything particular you are looking for? I'm going to the Chicago Expo in October, is that the one you are going to?

Jeff

KQ6AR

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Concord, CA
Hi Jeff,

Yes I hatched out 28 this year, & only have a few left.
I know I've seen them cheep @ some local sales a few years ago. I actually stopped incubating eggs for 4 years. I don't see any reason for the CB to cost less than any of the other Mediterranean tortoises.

jpeck425 said:
KQ6AR said:
Nice score,
I've been raising up 5 babies I got from Richard Fife about 6 years ago. Its looking like they will all be female.
Here's his website in you're looking for any more http://ivorytortoise.com/

Thanks Dan,
I met Richard and his brother at last year's expo. I didn't see either of them attending this year. They breed some nice animals. 30+ Russians! Are you breeding them? I was amazed at the difference in price on Russian hatchlings from 07-08. They went from $50 to $135.00, I'm not sure I understand why.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.