New additions coming, but cant make up my mind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
So after the holidays I have planned to treat myself with a new tort or turtle, I cant decide which.. In my turtle room I have one large corner that is way too empty, it needs another large tank or large tort table.. I have plans in the future to own both another Sulcata and a pair of Leos, unless I buy more land this is all I can fit once everyone is grown, but I also have plenty of tanks and space at least for another few aquatics, I know eventually I will own everything I have room for but which do I do first? Which do I get next? Another Sully? A Leopard? Or an aquatic? If I go with the aquatic it will be a pair of clown pastel yellow bellys..

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
2 votes for Leo.. :).. I'm getting excited, thinking what it'd be like right now to have a baby Leo in a table right beside Sullys..

bellyboo

5 Year Member
If I could own any tortoise I'd get a Sulcata. Those things fascinate me and I'm envious of you who get to own them!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
nikki0601 said:
2 votes for Leo.. :).. I'm getting excited, thinking what it'd be like right now to have a baby Leo in a table right beside Sullys..

:cool:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I just bought a cherryhead Im going to vote for a redfoot or 2. They've got personality

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah in FL, I'm thinking a redfoot or maybe Manouria. I feel like it is too dry here for me to be able to house them outside as adult, but I sure like both of them. Of course I love the sulcatas and leos too.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
U know I've pondered having a redfoot but just not as attracted to em as the Sulcatas or Leo, and even in FL in my part and indoors I play hell keeping humidity for my Sulcata.. I'm very interested in a Leo, doing my research as I havent read much on the species, will spend next couple months reading on it.. if I were to find a Leo is not suitable for me or my climate I will def consider redfoot again or yellowfoot.. Does anyone know right off if north fl is appropriate for housing adult Leo outside?

Of course they would need a hot house in the winter but just in general I mean

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
I believe they have pretty much the same needs as a sulcata. so if your sulcata is going to be ok as a adult so would a leo. you just need to make sure they have a warm spot when its cold so they don't get sick :)

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
i would go with the leos:) but personaly i would love to own a pair or indian star tortoises there so pretty

doubletorts

5 Year Member
I have Sulcatas, but would love to add a Leo. So my vote is Leo since you already have a Sulcata, or one of each XD that'll do it :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I vote for the a pair of clown pastel yellow bellys.

Reasoning is you sound like your admitting your really not ready for the larger tortoises outside. Life has this funny way of happening and going the opposite of how you plan on it. Wait for the tortoises, until you can house them outside and actually have the housing setup. You already have a young sulcata, why not find out if your really liking that large of a tortoise first? Sounds like you already have everything you need for the aquatics, so no major money investment other then the turtles of course (and those guys are so beautiful!)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I am in agreement with Jacqui and I would go with the pair of clown pastel yellow bellys...

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Clown or Pastel Yellowbellies? There is a difference between the two, and you won't get a "pair".......Just Females......They aren't reproducable either, and most have congenital defects ( Bug Eyes, limb deformities, shell deformities, split scutes, etc. )........Just an FYI.......

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I just got back from the future and you got a leopard tortoise.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
I just got back from the future and you got a leopard tortoise.

:D! Darn, why didn't you say you were going to the future? I have a few questions for you to find the answers to for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.