10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
FL
IMG_3388.jpg

Is he going to eat?!
IMG_3396.jpg

Of course not :p
IMG_3397.jpg

He recently redecorated, as you can see! He's so destructive lately!
IMG_3409.jpg

Love those bum shots
IMG_3413.jpg

Inkblot test :p
IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3415.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Those are great pictures... He looks to be enjoying that water...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't mean to sound critical, but have you always put that much calcium powder on his food? It seems like an awful lot to me. And the tortoises don't really like the taste of it. Cut back a bit and see if he'll eat better.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Is he really that yellow? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Nelson. My friend's Russian looks nothing like that. You did such a beautiful job raising him too...so smooth...just beautiful.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
emysemys said:
I don't mean to sound critical, but have you always put that much calcium powder on his food? It seems like an awful lot to me. And the tortoises don't really like the taste of it. Cut back a bit and see if he'll eat better.

That is about the amount I usually put on. Maybe a little more than usual because I was actually trying to entice him, ha!
He has a bit of an addiction:
IMG_0027.jpg

:D

And Terry- he does look extra bright because I had just sprayed him with water. But he is very yellow in person. The pictures aren't edited!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
You should have definitely entered that last picture with the calcium in the calendar contest! That would have been a winner for sure. I love his big yellow hide as it always reminds me of a Tonka Truck. :D :p

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ahhh the mighty Nelson... looking good!
JD~;)

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
He didn't eat the lettuce cause he's wondering where his turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce are.

M

Maggie Cummings

Nelson is beautiful and I have such a crush on him! But I agree with Yvonne (amazingly!) That's an awful lot of powder to put on his food...then to see it all over his face...did he really dunk his face and and take a big bite like that? Calcium tastes terrible! But he is cute as ever and i love seeing pictures of him as he is growing

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Maggie- he eats calcium powder!
IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

I always get the strange, quirky pets :p

I think the problem is that he's too cold. I'm ordering a CHE tonight. He had a carrot baby food soak today and I fed him several chunks of cactus while he was bathing. But I put him back in his enclosure with a dish full of cactus and his favorite greens, and he trampled over them and went to sleep. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.