Need your help, please advise (crack on shell?)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
Split schutes is not genetic. It happens during incubation, so will not affect offspring.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Aren't we supposed to look for the perfect one? Just incase we will have the chance to breed them in the future? ;)
It's not going to be passed down. Its environmental and happens during incubation not a gene mutation to be passed from tort to tort. That's like saying a sun tan will get passed down.

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
I would buy her up in a heart beat. I may be incorrect but most torts with split scutes are females. It occurs due to higher incubation temps. If YOU incubate at a high temp you will produce mostly females. Female aldabras are worth a lot more than males in the future.

Soefianto

Surabaya, East Java - INDONESIA
I would buy her up in a heart beat. I may be incorrect but most torts with split scutes are females. It occurs due to higher incubation temps. If YOU incubate at a high temp you will produce mostly females. Female aldabras are worth a lot more than males in the future.
Wow I learnt a lot from this thread... Tq all:)

Soefianto

My budget is about $3,000, if I could get it lower than it's good, because next week I could see an importer friend of mine that will bring in Aldabra with sizes varies from 5" - 25" plenty to choose from.
What do you think? As I might able to get smaller sizes, 2 or 3 of them I guess.
I will update with photos what is available and so forth..

Just want to share..

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My budget is about $3,000, if I could get it lower than it's good, because next week I could see an importer friend of mine that will bring in Aldabra with sizes varies from 5" - 25" plenty to choose from.
What do you think? As I might able to get smaller sizes, 2 or 3 of them I guess.
I will update with photos what is available and so forth..

Just want to share..
I doubt you can get 3 with that budget but 2 might be possible.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'd love to have a large one, I dream about winning the lottery and buying a monster one :)

Soefianto

Hopefully, when I get bigger land I could start saving for the monster one.
I just don't want to move them to our family home which is about 5 hours drive for just about 200km (125miles), yes traffic is bad here, road is small. Eventhough,I have about 1 acre of house there is not doable. Too far:(
can't afford to get the same size here unfortunately..