Need your help and advice (I.D. and care)

Mystlore

Location (City and/or State)
Newtownards
Merry Christmas everyone.

I inherited a little friend from someone yesterday and I need your expertise. The previous owner did not know her tortoises' species or age as she inherited her too. I'm fairly convinced that she has not been looked after very well thus far and I want to give her the best life possible from now on. Can anyone identify what type of tortoise I have so I can do some research. This is my first pet and any advice you guys have would be amazing.

SmartSelect_20191225-071934_Video Player.jpg 20191225_072113.jpg 20191225_071520.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Mystlore

Newtownards
I would appreciate any fundimental advice on box turtles as I've been researching tortoises the last couple of days. Seems to be a lot of conflicting advice online and I imagine you guys would know a lot more than the average pet shop. Thanks for any help and for the warm welcome to the forum.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I would appreciate any fundimental advice on box turtles as I've been researching tortoises the last couple of days. Seems to be a lot of conflicting advice online and I imagine you guys would know a lot more than the average pet shop. Thanks for any help and for the warm welcome to the forum.
See Maro2Bear's post above. He posted a link...it'll get you started.