Need to rehome large male redfoot tortoise

jvhagerman

Location (City and/or State)
I need to rehome my large (12 x 10 inch) redfoot male tortoise. I took him as a rehome since the people were desperate but am in over my head. I want to make sure he can go to a home that can provide for his needs with a good yard or enclosure, great diet, and loving care. No rehoming charge just proof of good home and taht you intend to keep him not to sell him.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
When you get the chance, add some pictures and your location.

Morcomshane

USA
I need to rehome my large (12 x 10 inch) redfoot male tortoise. I took him as a rehome since the people were desperate but am in over my head. I want to make sure he can go to a home that can provide for his needs with a good yard or enclosure, great diet, and loving care. No rehoming charge just proof of good home and taht you intend to keep him not to sell him.
Is this still available?

jvhagerman

How soon can you get him? I can't wait much longer. I will have to give him to the tortoise rescue soon if no one takes him. They sell them to people so I'd rsther give him to somone.

Morcomshane

USA
How soon can you get him? I can't wait much longer. I will have to give him to the tortoise rescue soon if no one takes him. They sell them to people so I'd rsther give him to somone.

Can you send photos to my email address?

jvhagerman

I am rehoming him locally to a turtle/tortoise sanctuary where he can live out his life and be treated very well. He will not be given away or sold and the wqeman knows much abut red-foots so I am satisfied that he will have a good home. Thanks anyway everyone but I needed to find something asap and this turned up and is just what I had hoped for.

CookiWafer

Dallas, Texas
jvhagerman: I was reading your postings on your tortoise that you gave up to a sanctuary. I too have a red-footed tortoise that I need to re-home. I do NOT want to just give him to anyone ... he is about 18" and about 20 lbs. He is 'harassing' my 30 yrs old male tortoise, won't leave him alone, all day, bang, bang, bang. So, I need to find him a home where he will be taken care of, indoors and out. Do you have any contacts with this sanctuary, info on them? I am in the Dallas Texas area. Thanks so .. so much, Cheryl [email protected]

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
jvhagerman: I was reading your postings on your tortoise that you gave up to a sanctuary. I too have a red-footed tortoise that I need to re-home. I do NOT want to just give him to anyone ... he is about 18" and about 20 lbs. He is 'harassing' my 30 yrs old male tortoise, won't leave him alone, all day, bang, bang, bang. So, I need to find him a home where he will be taken care of, indoors and out. Do you have any contacts with this sanctuary, info on them? I am in the Dallas Texas area. Thanks so .. so much, Cheryl [email protected]
@CookiWafer I suggest you post your own ad to find your RF a home.
And best of luck to you

Trung6126

San Antonio Texas
Where is your location please I’ll taking good care of him