Need to re-home my Leopard

RubyG

5 Year Member
I rescued my leopard last year. I was told he was 16 months at the time. He already had MBD, soft, sunken shell at the hips, could barely walk. Since I've had him he's done well. Although he still has some trouble with walking, he does get around, eats really well, and has grown some. I have him in an appropriate enclosure, with required temps, humidity, substrate, food and soaks (I did all my research on this site and others). My problem now, is that I can no longer keep him (due to extenuating circumstances), and am looking to re-home him to someone who understands his needs. I'm in Southern California. Does anyone have any recommendations for a Leopard rescue or tortoise adoption that could help me? TIA.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yvonne that's where I'd take him or her . She knows how to rehabilitate more than any one else here .

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
she's up in Clovis, you could always contact your local CTTC

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry you can't keep your tortoise.

I would be more than happy to take him, however, I'm about a 5 or 6 hour drive north of you. Look at this link and see if any of the chapters are near you:

http://www.tortoise.org/cttc/cttcmore.html

Each chapter has an adoption chairperson and they all are equally good at taking good care of tortoises.

Ashley Rolison

Hi there -

Where in so cal do you live? We love these little guys and actually have been looking at getting another one, just this weekend. We live in So Cal and have had our Oscar since he was just a baby. He is now 3.5 years old and in the process of building him a bigger enclosure. We ourselves have done tons of research in order to make Oscars world the very best it can be! I own a pet sitting business and just LOVE animals. This is my email address [email protected]. If you can either let me know via this thread or email me where in So Cal you live and some pictures we would be more than happy to consider adding your Leopard Tort to our family.
Thank you

RubyG

5 Year Member
Yvonne, how can I contact you off line? I could ship him to you. I would like to talk with you. Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My phone number is 559 298-7114. If I'm outside, you can leave a message and I'll call you back.