Need suggestions for a name

susieq450

Location (City and/or State)
Kodak
I have a new baby that has been in our home now for a little over two weeks and anyone who has followed my stories knows it has been a hard road the last couple of months. After losing my precious adult 3-striped mud turtle on June 1st, we welcomed a couple of babies in our home but these little guys did not survive. This new little guy seems healthy and does have a good appetite (finicky as he is) . . . and with your help, has a great environment and I am very hopeful that he will have a long happy life with us. I was fearful of giving him a name until I felt he would be a long-term member of our family. I think I am ready to consider a name for him and have thought of something along the lines of Lucky or Miracle (or something like that, due to the history we have recently experienced). A friend suggested Angel but it does not seem fitting for a little boy? Anyone have any clever ideas? I would appreciate any ideas.

Attachments

• 20200811_121417.jpg
    20200811_121417.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Ink

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
How about Phoenix? As in the mythical bird that rises up out of adversity?

Or Moses? A baby that was put in a basket and into a river, but who grew up to lead a million people out of bondage and around a desert for 40 years?

The two angels mentioned by name in the Bible are Michael and Gabriel. There's a third, but he is satan.

For something lighter, maybe Touchdown? Or Grand Slam? Or MVP.

susieq450

Kodak
How about Phoenix? As in the mythical bird that rises up out of adversity?

Or Moses? A baby that was put in a basket and into a river, but who grew up to lead a million people out of bondage and around a desert for 40 years?

The two angels mentioned by name in the Bible are Michael and Gabriel. There's a third, but he is satan.

For something lighter, maybe Touchdown? Or Grand Slam? Or MVP.
Thank you so much! Those are all such wonderful ideas.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Fin, short for finicky
Even better since @susieq450 is a fish person... (Did I remember that right?)

I'm thinking Fin could also be short for Phoenix.

Or Finn, if you want to get into Irish folklore. There would be quite a bit of irony, as Finn is a giant! ?

I just remembered that Fin is The End in some films. So if you go with the name, I prefer the spelling Finn.

Last edited:

susieq450

Kodak
Even better since @susieq450 is a fish person... (Did I remember that right?)

I'm thinking Fin could also be short for Phoenix.

Or Finn, if you want to get into Irish folklore. There would be quite a bit of irony, as Finn is a giant! ?

I just remembered that Fin is The End in some films. So if you go with the name, I prefer the spelling Finn.
I really like Finn and Phoenix! He is still doing good and eating like a little piggy, but of course, his favorite seafood gourmet foods!!