Need someone to point me

Jkpeskey

Location (City and/or State)
Bar Nunn, WY
Hello, Friends,
I am ready to acquire a Russian Tortoise.
There is one at a local PetSmart that appears to look healthy.
Everywhere I go on the internet people say to go to a reputable breeder and get a captive bred one. BUT they never say where to go or who to purchase an animal from. I am so willing to be responsible in this situation. Can someone inform me on where to go or where to stay away from please!
Kind regards to all,
John in Wyoming

HAMPS77

5 Year Member
New Freedom Pennsylvania
Hello, Friends,
Everywhere I go on the internet people say to go to a reputable breeder and get a captive bred one. BUT they never say where to go or who to purchase an animal from. I am so willing to be responsible in this situation. Can someone inform me on where to go or where to stay away from please!
Kind regards to all,
John in Wyoming
I’m not sure the overall consensus on this forum, but I bought my Golden Greek Hatchling from TortoiseTown (Website). They seemed very reliable and delivered a fantastic hatchling to my front door, so I guess I can’t complain!

zovick

10 Year Member!
I’m not sure the overall consensus on this forum, but I bought my Golden Greek Hatchling from TortoiseTown (Website). They seemed very reliable and delivered a fantastic hatchling to my front door, so I guess I can’t complain!
You were one of the lucky ones. A lot of complaints have been lodged against Tortoise Town on this site.

HAMPS77

5 Year Member
New Freedom Pennsylvania
You were one of the lucky ones. A lot of complaints have been lodged against Tortoise Town on this site.
Yeah, that’s why I added the first part, I wasn’t sure what people thought. And they do seem like they have more of a corporate vision rather than local breeder vision.

TaylorTortoise

Abington
I shopped around for the best looking russian tortoise, and I fell in love with my Tank when I first got him.. He was so shy but he is so happy that I saved him. And I am glad that I did, However now with my experience on this forum, learning of course, I am awaiting a beautiful male western hermanns tortoise any day now from an amazing breeder! I got very lucky with my petsmart tortoise. I did everything I was supposed to, like what is recommended on here. So far my baby is happy strong and healthy!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, Friends,
Kind regards to all,
John in Wyoming
You'll get bad advice, the wrong products, and a wild caught tortoise from PetsMart.

Buy from a breeder. Here is the correct care info:

autumn_0201

Kuantan
Hello, Friends,
Kind regards to all,
John in Wyoming

online tortoise store websites is one of them. Tortoisesupply is a good one i heard!