NEED SOMEONE IN THE SF BAY AREA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
sibi said:
OMG!!! Why? Don't people sense that something is really wrong when their animal looks like that? I bet he can't even walk. Can something be done here???? Kim help! This poor guy looks like he wants to die rather than live like this.

What is this "Kim help"? We need Ellie!!

Ohhhhh...ELLIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...I commented before I looked at the ad! OMG! We def need someone to get him! We don't have to wait for Erika cause he is free!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
PALOALTO said:
It said "free Turtle"...
Yes, this is in the Bay area as well

Your in the Bay area too right? Would you consider getting him for us?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Awe man! Call her at work! LOL. Did anyone contact the seller? Although I doubt there is much chance of someone else adopting him before we can. But with him being FREE someone may take him just to get the cage and lights and stuff. I'm worried about that free part.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Lol...kim..anyone in that area can pick him up. You wont have to keep him long...just if you are close enough to get him. out of that situation

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Wow I just saw this post. I can't wait till I can help out these guys like all of you do. I love animals and I just got into tortoises and fell in love. My first baby died because of improper care before I got him and sadly his little body couldn't take it. Anyways I'm just happy to see that others want to help the unfortunate ones like I do

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Waterboy is available to pick him up Wednesday. It's a 2 hour drive for him though. I'm emailing the seller Andrews phone number so they can hopefully get in touch.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I knew you could get the ball rolling. I get so shaken up when these beautiful creatures have been treated so badly. Please keep me posted. I'll be checking every day. And, Jacqui, you are a god-sent. May God bless you always!

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I just...
Can't even begin to describe what I feel when I see these pictures. Heartache...rage...
Why would ANYONE keep a tortoise that long WHILST KNOWING they are not properly taking care of them? ESPECIALLY KNOWING WHAT IS RIGHT! It is so so selfish and childish.
Jacqui- you really are an angel. I believe I will get to a place where I will be doing rescues down here in the south when I am more established. It's just so hard not to do anything. If you all ever need help around south Texas, I'm here.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
Just got home from work, got Jacqui's message, and emailed the owner. I live very close - 20-30 minute drive max. Coming all the way from Palo Alto would be heroic - thank you for being willing to do that! But if you want, I can get this one. My opportunity to meet up with them would be on my day off, which is Thursday this week. I have a vet appointment for Dude Weds. morning and hope to ship him off to Jacqui on Thursday, unless the directions for shipping them say not to do it before a weekend or something. I need to stop hovering over Dude and start reading those instructions!

I'm noticing a pattern: Dude was also from Fairfield. What is going on in that town?!

Now I just have to vent for a moment. WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING WHEN THEY TREAT A LIVING BEING THAT WAY?!?!?!! I went back and looked at the ad again - those conditions are horrific. It just makes me want to cry. And I have to act all friendly to the owner, when in this case I just want to slap him! Hard! He admits to his lack of concern right in the ad! Oooooooh.....

Oh yeah, that was the other thing: "Free Turtle"!!!! He knows so little about his "pet" that he doesn't even know it's not a turtle! There should be requirements for pet ownership!

marcodicicco

5 Year Member
I don't know if I should start a new thread or not but with u guys doing all these rescues. I was wondering if anyone has heard of the international reptile rescue non profit organization. I adopted a sully from them and was given very bad care information. I can start a new thread about this I y'all think I should. There is also another tortoise rescue in the NW called tortoise and turtle rescue.

mytortET

5 Year Member
OMG! :( I just came across this thread... I'm in shock!!! God bless all of you for helping these poor torts. It's great being here (TFO) with so many caring members! :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
EllieN said:
I have a vet appointment for Dude Weds. morning and hope to ship him off to Jacqui on Thursday, unless the directions for shipping them say not to do it before a weekend or something. I need to stop hovering over Dude and start reading those instructions!

Shipping needs to be done the first part of the week... Mon and Tuesday are best, but Wed is an okay day for folks to ship. The reason being if the package (the tortoise) gets stopped along the way (like a plane breaks down or is delayed) or the is misplaced/missent it has another delivery day to fall back on (Friday). You don't want him sitting anywhere for the entire weekend with unknown temps and a failing heatpack.

Depending on the weather here, I may have him left at a nearby "major" city drop rather then coming out here on the truck.

Has anybody been in actual contact with #2's current caretaker?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Why do we have have to wait? Can't someone get him today? Ellie, I know you said your day off is Thursday, but is there anyway u can do this today?

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
I haven't heard back from the email I sent and Andrew hasn't contacted me that he has heard anything either.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I haven't heard from them either.

BTW, I haven't spent much time on forums (until now:p) and it says this thread was moved. How do I find out where it went?

Status
Not open for further replies.