NEED SOMEONE IN THE SF BAY AREA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
I don't know that it's been moved. No one has indicated that it was going to moved. We are still using this thread for the SF Bay area, so I don't know why it should be moved unless the mod wants this to go under TRN's thread. That's a possibility.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I just stumbled upon it in the species specific sulcata section. That makes sense.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
I don't know that it's been moved. No one has indicated that it was going to moved. We are still using this thread for the SF Bay area, so I don't know why it should be moved unless the mod wants this to go under TRN's thread. That's a possibility.

I had moved it to the sulcata section once we were no longer needing somebody in the SF area for Dude and before #2 came along.

I figured #2 would go fast mainly because you got a free tank and lights, not so much for the animal itself. You have to believe #2 has gone to a better home then he had before. Perhaps they may even join here. Could also be a local tortoise club took him in. Thanks all who gave getting him a shot. Sadly there will no doubt be another one coming along soon that will be needing a new home.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
I can't take in any right now but I would love to find out more about how I can help. If there is a tortoise rescue in San Diego I would love to volunteer or something.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
looneybug said:
I can't take in any right now but I would love to find out more about how I can help. If there is a tortoise rescue in San Diego I would love to volunteer or something.

Even if you can't take in an animal, TRN still needs folks for:

a) looking at Craig's list and other places for possible animals needing rescues or for folks just needing some good advise to be given.

b) folks to volunteer to try to pick up animals in need and send them on their way to host families or to their new homes.

c) there is always going to be a never ending need for funds for getting animals, vet bills, and transportation costs so money will always be welcomed.

(sorry if I am stepping on any TRN folks' toes, but I figured these would be general things any rescue needs.)

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
I can probly do pick ups and the craigslist stuff but I'm sorry I don't have money to spend. I'm on a college students salary :-\

omgdoubletacos

10 Year Member!
I love seeing what y'all are doing for these poor little guys! I have seen a few adds on Craigslist here in savannah of people getting rid of. I have tried to take them in but their "rehoming fees" are crazy. And they refuse to go down. I have 3 dogs, Chomper, 2 cats, and 3 birds. So my funds are limited for rehoming fees. Ever since I got Chomper and learned of how many torts are raised improperly I've wanted to open a small rescue. Unfortunately that costs a bunch of money, which I don't make serving ice cream XD. Maybe one day!

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
I would be willing to help rescue, call, pick up, any in the San Diego and surrounding areas, possibly Los Angles and Riverside area. Just PM me. I can temporary house and depending on the size and when needed house permanent. Still working on a tortoise pen area.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
L82lalaland said:
I would be willing to help rescue, call, pick up, any in the San Diego and surrounding areas, possibly Los Angles and Riverside area. Just PM me. I can temporary house and depending on the size and when needed house permanent. Still working on a tortoise pen area.

I second this. I can temporarily help pick up rescue, call, email ads, pick up any around south TX up to maybe an hour and a half tops radius from San Antonio. I'm also on a college student salary so I'm limited $$ and limited on space so can't help the big big ones but if you advise how to ship out to someone else I have no problem arranging pick ups and helping for temp rehomes. PM me anytime. I'm checking this thing 24-7. :)

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
I'm bummed we didn't get #2. That poor thing!

I got Dude's vet certification this morning. He was an excellent patient. He was so thoughtful - he gave the vet a stool sample right there on her exam table;)

I now have the bug, and I want to help with any rescues I can. I almost didn't see this original thread at all, because it was in general tortoise discussion, and I spend most of my time here in the sulcata section. So please, if anyone is needed in the S.F. bay area for future rescues, please pm me!

BTW, I will rescue anything that needs rescuing - not just sulcatas

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
Haha me to I can get a temp cage set up for anything that needs rescue. Pm me any time I have the app on my phone so I check every day

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Im so happy to hear about this guys, but you need to be posting this on (TRN) Tortoise Rescue Network. Erica will be glad to hear that you are all on board...Just wish we had more of out here in Phoenix now that Kim is out for a while...

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What happened to Kim? Btw, when we were trying to get someone from the SF area from the TRN thread, we just weren't getting anyone who could help. I placed this thread hoping to get a response. Well, Ellie, you came through. But now, if you want to take this conversation to TRN, by all means do. This thread has done its job.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
sibi said:
What happened to Kim? Btw, when we were trying to get someone from the SF area from the TRN thread, we just weren't getting anyone who could help. I placed this thread hoping to get a response. Well, Ellie, you came through. But now, if you want to take this conversation to TRN, by all means do. This thread has done its job.

Check the TRN thread my dear....I updated a bit there! :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
KIM has gotten a adopted baby. Soo she wont be on for a bit till she settles in. She posed a message on TRN. I just figured that there are lots of ppl volunteering to help this way we could get them all in one place. Sorry didnt man to make ya mad..and i must say a job well done..

Status
Not open for further replies.