need help with id

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
delaware
hello everyone. i just was given this box turtle by the pet store i am helping out setting up thier reptile room. they took her in from someone who could no longer take care of her. the pet store doesnt realy know much about her or how to take care of her so they asked if i would like her as they new she would be going to a good home. any help with what type she is would be appreciated so i can take the best care of her. bxa.jpgbxa.jpgbxb.jpgbxc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yup, that's correct, and they're protected in their native range.

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Thanks. She doesnt really have any color like all the easterns I have seen before. She has no orange or yellow in her at all. She does have a bit of paramiding on her but its not to bad.

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
Thanks. She is very friendly and sweet. Just wish she was more colorful lol. I live right on the edge of some woods and I do know there is a very good looking male that lives there at least I think he still does. I haven't seen him but once or twice this summer. Hopefully he is still around I want to get some pics of him. I also live seeing them when I drive around on the back roads. It's nice to know they are still wild ones around were I live.

mattk

5 Year Member
delaware
That's kind of what I though after doing some reading here. I also am positive she is cb as she does have a little bit of paramiding not much but there is some. She will be going outside this summer in a nice big pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.